Grateful.

I think a lot of the reason why I am so positive about things is because I feel so blessed to begin with. I’ve always been really good about recognizing all I have but recently I decided I wanted to start recognizing the little things too.

Thanksgiving and just the holiday season in general, we all talk about what we’re thankful for and its the usual. Family, friends, the meal you’re eating. But I feel like thats something that we should recognize everyday.

What I wanted to do, was shine some light on the things that I have, that I don’t even realize is a blessing. So I bought this cute little notebook last month, and everyday since November 1st, I’ve been writing down a couple of things that I am grateful for every night. Usually you would do this kind of thing in the morning, but I wanted to be able to reflect at the end of each day, especially on the days that had not gone as planned.

Last week, my car brakes broke, I some how hurt my back, and I had completely forgotten to turn in an assignment that was due. I was not having a good week and any normal human being would feel the same. Because lets face it, if I tried to find the positivity in having to pay a bunch of money towards my car, I would be crazy. Side note, It’s okay to not be so positive all the time, its called emotions and we all have them.

However even knowing this, I still needed to write something at the end of the day. So what did I write? I wrote down that I was grateful I took my car in before it could break down on me and potentially risk my safety. Also, because I try to find the humor in everything, I wrote down how grateful I was for whoever invented Advil, and that I wanted to personally thank them, because it had done wonders for my back.

Finding and creating positivity is easy if you really look at it. Realizing that yeah, I had a bad week…but it could of been worse and I was probably being too dramatic anyways. This is the way to make sure you live life each day feeling thankful, instead of just once a year. A positive mindset is the way to go.

So that was my little talk about how I relate positivity and gratitude. If you haven’t already noticed, this is a Thanksgiving post since today is… (you guessed it) Thanksgiving. And so what would this post be if I didn’t tell you guys what I’m ESPECIALLY grateful for this year?

For starters, I am of course grateful for everyone and everything in my life. I am grateful for being able to study something that I love in school and have a job that I like. Also, I’m so entirely grateful that I am fortunate enough to have been given the  things that I have. Lastly, I am of course grateful for my dog, because she’s the best thing in this entire world.

For the small (and sorta funny) things that I’m grateful for would be Chipotle, cookies & cream ice-cream, fuzzy socks, rainy days, music, home decor, online shopping, movies, anything that makes me laugh until I cry, and so, so, much more.

Lastly (and what I’ve been waiting for!), I am so grateful for you! Yes, this blog has seriously been the highlight of my year. I wake up every morning and go right onto Twitter to see this amazing community sharing their ideas and lifting each other up. It brings me so much happiness and I am so ecstatic to be a part of it all. Writing posts, taking pictures, talking to other bloggers, its all so much fun for me, and I couldn’t feel more blessed. Thank you to everyone who has ever shown me any kind of support and has helped me along my blogging journey so far. I cannot wait for the journey to continue.

I hope everyone reading this has the most amazing holiday season ever. I hope it’s filled with happiness and laughter and everything you want. Let me know what it is you’re thankful for, I would love to hear!

Share:

16 Comments

1. November 21, 2018 / 3:46 pm

I’m so happy to hear that you’re trying to see the positive side of the things, and it’s quite inspiring the way you viewed your car breaking down. That way of thinking is exactly what I want to adopt! In fact, I came home today to a flat tyre but I’m so grateful that it happened right outside my place rather than in the middle of the road somewhere far away from home.

• November 21, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Thank you for such a sweet comment! I’m sorry to hear about your tire, I had one last winter and I remember being so scared driving home. I’m happy that you weren’t too far away before you noticed!

2. chloe
    November 21, 2018 / 3:55 pm

reading this post made me look at the little things so thank you and love the socks they are so cute

• November 21, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Thank you!! And they are so soft! haha

3. November 21, 2018 / 4:19 pm

I love this. I stopped writing in my gratitude journal and I have notice a massive dip in how I’m feeling. It’s crazy how much of an impact it makes. I’ve stated again and I can tackle bad days a lot easier now as I stop and realise what I am grateful for. Thanks for sharing.
    Nina ❤️ | http://justnina.co.uk

• November 21, 2018 / 6:12 pm

Thank you so much! Yeah, its crazy how much happier it can make you. I’m glad you started writing it all down again!

4. November 21, 2018 / 8:18 pm

I am grateful for the holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and special occasions. I like when the whole family has a chance to get together. I am also grateful for soft, furry throws and pillows to snuggle.

• November 21, 2018 / 8:44 pm

Fuzzy socks and blankets are my favorite!!

5. Geraldine
    November 21, 2018 / 11:33 pm

I love this!! I was thinking of making a post just like this for tomorrow (but ran out of time haha). I didn’t really think of this in depth but WOW you are right, “little” things like taking in your car before it breaks down is great! It definitely is something to be thankful for. We ought to think like this every day 🙂

• November 22, 2018 / 8:47 am

Thank you Geraldine!! Yes thinking like this everyday makes all the difference!

6. eviebraithwaite
    November 22, 2018 / 2:04 am

Ah this is such a lovely post! I can be such a pessimist sometimes, but lately I’ve been trying to set my focus on the positive. While we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK, I think it’s important to always reflect and show grattitude for what we have, even fuzzy socks and chocolate haha. Loved this! ✨ x

Evie X || https://eviejayne.co.uk

• November 22, 2018 / 8:48 am

Haha thank you so much! I completely agree. We dont need a holiday in order to count our blessings. Thanks for such a sweet comment!!

7. November 24, 2018 / 3:01 pm

Not only am I a blogger but my job is as a Hope Coach. Doing a positive journal is one thing i highly encourage the people i connect with, that are struggling to see lifr eith any purpose or positivity. It changes your perspective and helps create a habit of grattitude! Love how you are encouraging this too!

• November 25, 2018 / 9:01 am

Your job sounds amazing getting to help people!! Thank you for your lovely comment!!

8. November 25, 2018 / 3:45 am

You really take nice photos 😍 Happy belated Thanksgiving!

• November 25, 2018 / 9:01 am

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!