I’ve been patiently waiting for months to write this post. After coming across multiples of these, I knew I had to do one for my birthday. These “Things I’ve learned at (insert your age here)” type post are so great. You reflect on all of the things you’ve learned about yourself or life. Todays my birthday and I’m so excited to share this post! Hope you guys enjoy! Here’s 21 things I’ve learned at 21!
21 Things I’ve Learned at 21
- Be kind. Always. Theres nothing else to it. Just be a nice person.
- Time is everything. Time heals, mends, brings opportunity, everything.
- Gratitude is important. I am so grateful to just wake up everyday. Life is so precious.
- My relationship with God means a lot to me.
- There are mixed opinions on this but, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Whats meant to be will be.
- Everyone has something beautiful about them.
- Gossiping is never a good thing. I was never one to get involved with gossip, but I’ve seen it. This goes hand in hand with #1 and how important it is to just be a nice person.
- Writing is so therapeutic for me.
- I’m extremely intuitive. I just get these strong “feelings” about certain things sometimes. I’m not sure how to explain it. I understand people really quickly and can tell who they are.
- I’m extremely sensitive. I cry over a lot of things and I think thats because I feel things so deeply. I seriously will cry during every movie, happy or sad, because I can feel what others feel. My whole life, I always felt like this was a bad thing but I’ve realized that its not. Its made me very understanding and empathetic.
- I’m definitely a tough love kind of person. I know this makes me sound like a hypocrite because of #10 however, I think my tough love attitude just comes from wanting the best for the people that I love. I know it comes off the wrong way to the people in my life sometimes, and its something I’m trying to work on.
- I’m a procrastinator. Another thing I’m trying to work on. I wont lie, I do work really well under pressure, but that doesn’t make it okay.
- I’m known as the Disney Queen in my family. If I could live at Magic Kingdom for the rest of my life, I would. I don’t know what it is but Disney just makes me so happy. In case you’re wondering, The Little Mermaid and Tangled are my top two favorite movies.
- I have a great sense of humor. I know that may sound kind of shallow, but I take pride in being able to make everyone around me laugh. I’m just really funny.
- Change is something thats really hard for me. Again, another thing I’m trying to work on.
- Chipotle is the best thing in the world.
- The Office is also the best thing in the world.
- You do not need to drink or go out to have fun. I feel like people are always telling me that I should be having all this fun because Im in college and because Im turning 21. But nope, drinking is not my thing. It doesn’t mean that I’m “missing out”. I just have different interests.
- It’s so important not to judge people. Life can be hard sometimes, and you never know what someone else is going through. So don’t judge them for who they were.
- A positive attitude makes all the difference. I really believe you get what you give. Its so important to put positive thoughts and energy out into the world. Be a “glass half full” kind of person.
- Blogging is so important to me. I’ll have a more in depth post coming soon since my blogging anniversary is next week, but this is something I’ve learned this year. I love having something to call my own and share my own thoughts. I cant believe I’ve been doing this for a year!!
Those are 21 things I’ve learned at 21! Hope you enjoyed!