This time last year, my family and I drove to pick up our new golden retriever puppy!! I was so excited and wrote a whole post on it, with promised pup-dates in the future. I kind of failed with giving updates, but it’s okay, because now all the updates can be in this post! I can not believe it’s already been a whole year since getting our puppy! Looking back at pictures, I can’t believe how tiny she was. She just turned one on June 24th, which is crazy to think!!
Fast forward a year, and it has been so much fun to watch her grow! Sorry if I sound like a total “dog-mom” in this post, I’m just so excited to share this post! Theres honestly so much to update about, so I’m just going to do a bunch of bullet point lists.
Things she loves:
- SOCKS. Okay, anyone else’s golden retriever obsessed with socks? I thought it was only mine, but I’ve been seeing so many TikTok’s lately about golden retrievers “secretly” stealing socks. I feel so bad when I have to take them away!!
- Water Bottles. She’s been obsessed with them since we got her. I’m guessing she likes the crunch noise it makes? You can probably guess that she steals these too, any chance she gets.
- Walks and going to the park. She gets so excited when we take her leash off and she can be free to run.
- The Office! Okay, so when we got her, me and my sister were on an Office binge. She probably got so used to it, that now she picks up her head the minute she hears the theme song.
- Snow! When it snowed for the first time last winter, we took her out in it right away and she was obsessed. She was throwing herself in it and purposely trying to kick the snow in her own face. You could just tell how much she loved it.
Things she doesent love:
- When we take the socks away from her. She will literally throw a tantrum and throw herself on the floor. It’s seriously the funniest thing.
- Not getting attention. This dog loves constant attention. She will make herself known if she’s not getting it. When quarantine hit, and I had to do online classes, she would sit on top of my computer. So desperate, Hope (just kidding, but not really).
- Water!! I’ve heard that golden retrievers are supposed to love swimming, but ours does not! We bought a little kiddie pool but she was not having it. We tried a few different times to get her to go in it, but she’s just not a water dog by any means.
There’s not much she doesn’t like so this list is small! Very biased opinion, but she’s just that perfect!!
Everything she’s learned:
When we first got her, we taught her “sit” and “paw” within the first few weeks. Then when quarantine started, I got super motivated to train her and successfully taught her “spin”. My sister taught her “catch” too. She misses a good 8 out of 10 times but hey, at least she tries? My mom also taught her “kiss” and it’s the sweetest thing in the world!! Thats all she knows right now, but she really is such a smart dog. She knows what we mean when we say it and listens so well.
Thats my puppy update! I’m adding some more pictures of her from throughout the year because she’s just too precious!!